Thornthwaite Farm is only 6 miles from Coniston, and 3 miles from Broughton-in-Furness our nearest village. Broughton-in-Furness has a butchers, grocers, bakery, post office and several cafes and pubs.
Input into your in-car navigation: LA20 6DF
For those using GPS: 54°17’12.95″N, 3° 9’52.82″W
To walk here use OS Map 43 and coords: SD 242874
Get here by car…
- Leave the M6 Motorway at Junction 36, and take the first exit onto the A590.
- Follow the A590 as far as Greenodd Estuary, at the roundabout turn RIGHT onto the A5092.
- Continue along this road passing through the hamlets of Spark Bridge, Lowick and Gawthwaite.
- Approximately ½ mile after the hamlet of Gawthwaite, look for the turning on the RIGHT signposted ‘Woodland’.
- Take this RIGHT turn and follow the road for approximately 3 miles until you reach a ‘T’ junction.
- At this junction turn LEFT. After approximately 200 metres, you will see our sign is on your RIGHT, set back about 20 yards away from the road on the entrance wall.
- Come over the cattle grid and continue up the farm lane through the woods, taking the corners wide.
- After approx ½ mile you will come to the gates into Woodland Hall, DO NOT go through the gates into Woodland Hall, instead continue to the left, this brings you to Thornthwaite Farm.
It is possible to get into the area using public transport, this will however require some walking. You can get a train to Ulverston or Kirkby-inFurness then a taxi from there, we recommend our local taxi company Duddon Cars who are based in Broughton-in-Furness Visit their website>>.